The NBA season has begun just in time for the holidays. The New York Knicks get their 2020-21 season underway on Wednesday when they take on the Pacers in Indiana. Tom Thibodeau will coach a young Knicks team that will probably go through some bumps and bruises, especially without a star on their roster. There might not be fans at Madison Square Garden, but there is a sense of excitement from Knicks fans watching rookies like Obi Toppin and Immanuel Quickley.
Speaking of excitement, we are excited at the New York Post to debut Season 2 of our Knicks podcast “Big Apple Buckets” with new hosts Sal Licata and Jerome Williams aka “The Junk Yard Dog.” Licata is a lifelong Knicks fan, hosts on WFAN and is on SNY regularly. JYD played for the Knicks for one season in 2004-05 to finish off his nine-year NBA playing career. New episodes of the podcast will be released every Tuesday afternoon.
Big Apple Buckets 2020-21 Season Preview with Sal Licata and Jerome “The Junk Yard Dog” Williams:
- Jerome playing like he was on ’90s Knicks. Rick Mahorn, Charles Oakley, Otis Thorpe inspiring JYD to play the hard-nosed basketball he played.
- Knicks will play hard under new head coach Tom Thibodeau. What impact will Thibs have on this young Knicks roster? Comes from that Jeff Van Gundy tree, play strong defense. Superstar not here yet, but team is creating an identity this season that plays hard and plays defense.
- 12 Days of Knicksmas: Going through the top 12 players on the Knicks roster, what they want to see from these guys, how they can improve, what their role will be.
- What will the Knicks’ starting five look like? Will it change throughout season?
- Sal, JYD and I give out our predictions for the Knicks this season and what two teams will meet in the NBA Finals. Sal says 31 wins…can they win that many?
Inside The Dog House: JYD takes us inside The Dog House, telling a preseason story from his season with the Knicks when a young Trevor Ariza got mad at Tim Thomas, started throwing punches and brought out a stick.
Catch up on all episodes of “Big Apple Buckets,” a New York Knicks podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes of the show drop Tuesday afternoons.