It’s been quite the week in Rangers land. Tony DeAngelo got into an altercation S aturday with a teammate and the Rangers waived him.
They held a press conference to address the saga. And now his days on Broadway are over. There’s been some key injuries. The team is right at the bottom in the East. There’s a lot to get into with the Blueshirts.
We’ve got you covered on the latest “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Mollie Walker and me, filling in for Ron Duguay this week.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Mollie Walker & Jake Brown:
- Diving into the Tony DeAngelo saga, what went down and how it ended. DeAngelo has had past issues off the ice. Scuffle with Alexandar Georgiev was the icing on the cake. Could be tough to trade him with money he is owed. Mollie shares some quotes from a source on DeAngelo’s past and his future.
- Alexis Lafreniere’s big game-winning goal last Thursday in a game they needed to win. Another much-needed win on Monday against the Penguins after the loss in overtime and the DeAngelo saga Saturday.
- Upcoming tough schedule ahead could be brutal. Some important games to determine if this team can get out of the cellar.
- Injuries piling up for the Rangers. Hope is they are not long-term.
- Chris Drury staying as Hartford’s AHL GM and the Rangers assistant GM over potentially going to the Penguins and being their GM.
- Henrik Lundqvist feeling good after his surgery.
Dave Maloney Interview:
MSG Network, ESPN NY Rangers radio analyst, former Rangers defenseman (1974-1985)
- The importance of being a team captain and why the Rangers may need one.
- His time as a Rangers captain and what his role was.
- Who might be the player to be captain for this team?
- Thoughts on the upcoming tough schedule ahead.
- Playing with his brother Don and why it was special.
- How the “Hockey Sock Rock” came about and how the Sasson jeans commercial happened. Does he still fit in those jeans?
- Studio 54 memories and why it was not his scene.
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes will be released every Thursday.