Why can’t we have nice things? Why can’t we get some consolation prize for being the worst team in the NFL? Why did the Jets have to ruin Christmas? After stunning the football world by beating the Rams on Sunday, the Jets have found themselves in another terrible situation….losing out on a franchise quarterback. They now have dropped to the No. 2 pick behind the Jaguars due to the strength of schedule tiebreaker at 1-13 and will likely miss out on Trevor Lawrence. Their tank for Trevor is now over, unless the Jaguars somehow find a way to beat the 7-7 Bears or 10-4 Colts in the final two games. When it rains, it pours, on the Jets franchise and their fan base.
To break down the Jets’ first win and loss in the draft, we bring you a brand new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and me, the angry Jets fan.
Gang’s All Here Opening Segment with Jake & Coz:
- I go on a rant to open the show on frustrations of the Jets fan base winning a meaningless game and losing out on Trevor Lawrence. Of all the people, Frank Gore puts the icing on the cake?! Jaguars fans hanging in nice weather with a franchise QB falling in their lap. Real Jets fans care about the future of the team, not winning a game that means nothing.
- Coz did not think it would be the Rams they beat. “You play to win the game.”
- QB dilemma: Do they draft Justin Fields? Do they keep Sam Darnold? Do they sign a free agent QB? Where do the Jets go if they stay where they are.
- Jaguars final two games against Bears and Colts…can they win a game? Gregg Williams is somewhere laughing right now.
- 2021 schedule: Of course the Jets play the Jaguars at MetLife Stadium.
Erik Coleman Interview:
Former Jets safety (2004-2007), Jets pre and postgame analyst, CBS New York Jets Late Night analyst, SiriusXM NFL Radio Host
- Lifting, how much he lifts, inspired by Thomas Jones.
- Reactions to the first Jets win. Some players and coaches won’t be there next year. They want to win.
- Fans being frustrated with the result. Jets need a lot more than a QB. Trust in Joe Douglas with cap space and draft to put a good team together.
- Future of Darnold, why maybe the Jets give him another shot next season.
- Evaluations of Mekhi Becton in his first season.
- Potential coaching replacements for Adam Gase. Do they consider Marvin Lewis?
- Eric Mangini as a head coach, funny guy he is now, showed some of that off camera when he was his coach.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio for updates on the show. The next episode of the podcast drops on Thursday.